Thursday, May 25, 2006

she's the worst kind

For some people, when they've been given negative news, they dig in and are motivated to do better. Me, I crawl home, find comfort in food and want to take a nap, operating under the vain hope that when I wake up, everything will be okay. Where I get this idea, I have no clue because nothing's ever disappeared overnight.

I would like to be motivated. I have always had a difficult time motivating myself. I want to learn languages, but without classes, even with books and tapes and all, I do very little on my own. It's hard and takes time and it doesn't come easy to me so I don't do it. I want to lose 10 pounds, but that requires getting up early and working out and effort. I want to become more knowledgable in my work and wow my management, but that involves reading and studying and that's boring. So many people around me are talented and gifted and do things with unconscious ease and grace and effortlessly (no really, they do; this isn't just an impression) that I feel like I should be able to do it, too. But I don't have a photographic memory, things don't come that easily to me, I don't have a natural self-confidence like my coworkers.

I need to find motivation. And fast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mohamed said...

I was just stumbling upon people of the same interest in blogger .. what you just wrote almost described me and how i feel.

There is one thing that helped me which is "having a destination" or having a goal to reach, really it does help a bit .. you have to have questions like : why i am doing that? where i wanna be in years from now?

Regards

5:21 AM  
Blogger Mental Floss said...

Yeah, its odd... often when something awful happens, the first thing I want to do is go to sleep, so I wont have to face it!
Of course, nothing vanishes overnight :)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Captain Grok said...

I too feel somewhat extraneous in society, and would rather just sleep it all away. Don't give up! Goals are hard for me too, so I try to keep things simple.

Choose your own path in life, spend less time worrying about how to travel it and more time on enjoying how amazing it all is.

Cheers

6:54 AM  
Blogger der K said...

Hi, the same as it happened to mohamed: I was looking for people with similar interests - outdoor activities and spaceflight, sounds like a rare combination. Well, I'm unable to motivate myself when it comes to make things on my own. Doesn't matter what: from going to the cinema to riding my bike. Once I wanted to know it and left solitary to go hiking during one week: I returned 2 days later in a bad mood. I know people make holidays without any company...lucky freaks.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home