Thursday, August 25, 2005

an epiphany...of sorts

They other day it came to me, all at once, that truly, what one says cannot happen, or one ridicules, will be visited upon one. That sounds an awful lot like Murphy's Law, and, in a way, it is. I shall explain.

Years ago, a friend of mine was, for lack of a better word, betrayed by someone very close to them. That occurred about two years before we met, and they were still hung up on it. Big time. To me, it didn't seem like it was all that serious and they were making a mountain out of a mole hill. (Okay, not like I can talk, but still.) I remember thinking, really, it's been two years, get over it. I never said this - indeed, I was the picture of sympathetic understanding - but privately, I was rather heartless, even slighlty disgusted.

You can guess what happenend: years later, I'm the one who suffered at another's hands in a very similar fashion to that of my friend whose feelings I internally ridiculed. Only then was I able to understand and empathisize. Even though I didn't share my thoughts, Someone knew and visited a Lesson upon the disbelieving. (Insert lightening bolts.)

This is not a "woe-is-me" entry, but rather a more complete comprehension than I had previously of what goes around, really does come around. And funnily enough, it made me feel a little bit better about what happened to me. I don't know why; I'm just weird like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home